GREEN IS NOW OPEN!!
The following guidelines have been prepared for Members of Pontymister Welfare and Islwyn Ladies who wish to visit the green for a roll-up, when the Council give permission to open. Players should familiarise themselves with the guidance and make their own decision on whether they want to play in accordance with the guidelines before booking a slot.
COVID – 19 GUIDELINES
Following the Welsh Government lifting restrictions, bowling greens are allowed to open subject to strict guidelines being adhered to. Guidelines were produced by the Welsh Bowling Association and the Welsh Women’s’ Bowling Association and Members can find these on www.welshbowls.co.uk. Whilst members’ attention is drawn to the full statement issued by the governing bodies, main points to be followed are enumerated below and are consistent with Welsh Government advice and social distancing.
The Committee have been working behind the scenes to allow our green to open but remember the primary purpose of bowling at this time remains for physical and mental well being and is not for social gatherings or catch-ups, the club will only be open for roll-ups. Members wishing to have a roll-up must take personal responsibility for ensuring they respect the guidance and consider whether it is safe to play with regard to government recommendations in respect of your health and age. The club cannot be held responsible for your continued well being if you decide to play. Please do not visit the club if you have any symptoms.
- A booking system has been developed which will be found after these guidelines and members can access this by clicking on the link. Players must book a slot with me (David) on 07974 107417 or Andy Elias on 07866 483674.
- Initially bookings will be taken for 1½ hour slots between 1.30 – 3.00, 3.30 – 5.00 and 5.30 – 7.00 Mondays to Friday. Between 11.30 – 1.00, 1.30 – 3.00 and 3.30 – 5.00 Saturday. The club will not open Sundays to give our green marker a day’s rest.
- Only alternative rinks are being used, either 1,3,5 or 2,4,6 and these will be set out by our green marker each day. Rink markers are not to be touched by players.
- Play is restricted to one player if he/she books a slot to have a roll-up by themselves; two players from different households; or, pairs if each pair is from the same household e.g. husband and wife/partner from one household against husband and wife/partner from another household.
- Please do not visit the club without a booking, do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your allotted slot and please leave after play.
- Members only, no visitors and no spectators allowed.
- 2 mats and 2 jacks will be provided for each rink, along with sanitizer for your hands and the mats/jacks. Please sanitize your hands and equipment both before and after use. Do not rely on the previous players sanitizing the equipment. Bring any other personal hand gels you may wish to use.
- Do not share or touch other player’s woods.
- Chalk, pushers, measures or scoreboards are not to be used. If players wish to keep score they must use a scorecard kept by one person.
- Until further notice the main room in the pavilion and changing rooms are to be kept locked at all times. Access to the toilets and hand washing facilities will be available and if you need to use these please ensure that you wipe taps, door handles etc. before you leave.
- At all times, social distancing of 2 meters apart from players from different households must be adhered to and no shaking of hands, high fives or hugs before, during or after play.
- Please ensure all doors are closed & gates are locked upon leaving, ensuring all handles & locks are sanitized.
The above guidance has been prepared to suit the exiting situation. I have no doubt these will alter if there are more restrictive measures imposed by the Council when they give us the go-ahead to open and /or the Welsh Government relax their guidelines.
Keep safe and keep well,